This entry is somewhat unremarkable to most who might happen upon it, and move on to read it, but to me, it’s necessary to empty my head so I can catch my breath. It appears that the two are inextricably linked and breathing easy doesn’t come while my head’s in a state of overwhelm.
So in the previous 10 days I’ve:
- written, preped & conducted 3 workshops to community volunteers,
- Spoken at another workshop
- lead a team who has received, sieved through and coordinated over 1000 team nominations for the districts football Competitons for the coming winter season,
- Organised and preped a volunteer review panel
- Put that panels work into a report which was distributed to stakeholders for endorsement or protest
- Reviewed and adjudicated on 29 protests
- Revised the outcomes
- Written over 70 individual communications
- Responded to more than 120 emails
- Travelled interstate for a 12 hour round trip
- Never been to bed before midnight, most nights it’s been 1-2 am
- Been up at 5 for a 7 am breakfast presentation on three days ( requiring makeup and heels no less!)
- Have worked till past 10.30pm on 6 of those days
- Worked past midnight on 2 of those days
- Worked a full weekend
- Received a nationally recognized award for my work
- Received a local award from the federal government member for my work
- Attended a musical (Mumma Mia @ the Capitol Theatre Sydney)
- Managed to re-start a dormant blog. That’s a sure sign that my head’s in overload.
So that’s it for this one. I’m done. I don’t even want to think of what’s coming up this week, but it’s more of the same!
Have a great week everyone